The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this historic city. This edition comes complete with five exclusive audio walks to help you get the most from your trip.
Explore London's world-class museums, uncover the city's history at Westminster Abbey and the Tower of London, or enjoy a show in the West End- everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of London with this indispensable travel guide.
InsideDK Eyewitness Travel Guide London, 2019
- Over 50 colour maps, plus a large-scale pull-out map of the city and a map of the tube system, help you navigate with ease
- Simple layoutmakes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itinerariesof London, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplansshow the inside of St Paul's Cathedral, the British Museum, Buckingham Palace and more
- Colour photographsof London's historic sights, museums, churches, parks and more
- Detailed chapters,with area maps, cover Whitehall and Westminster; Piccadilly, Mayfair and St James's; Soho and Trafalgar Square; Covent Garden and the Strand; Bloomsbury and Fitzrovia; Holborn and the Inns of Court; the City; Smithfield and Spitalfields; Southwark and Bankside; the South Bank; Chelsea; South Kensington and Knightsbridge; Kensington and Holland Park; Regent's Park and Marylebone; Hampstead and Highgate; Greenwich and Blackheath; and beyond the city
- Historical and cultural contextgives you a richer travel experience- learn about the city's history, famous Londoners, festivals and traditions
- Experience the culturewith features on London's best museums and galleries, iconic churches, parks and gardens, plus an illustrated river view of the city
- Essential travel tips- our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, how to get around, plus visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide London, 2019is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to London.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
Planning a shorter break? Try our DK Eyewitness Top 10 Londonguide.