The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this vibrant city.
Stroll along atmospheric canals, reflect at the Anne Frank House or browse the city's colourful markets- everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Amsterdam with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Amsterdam, 2019
- Over 25colour maps, plus a large-scale pull-out map of the city and a transport map, help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Amsterdam, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplansshow the insides of the Oude Kerk, the Van Gogh Museum, the Rijksmuseum and more, plus a fold-out illustration depicts a walk along the canal, picking out the architectural highlights along the way
- Colour photographsof Amsterdam's canals and waterways, architecture, museums, churches and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Oude Zijde, Nieuwe Zijde, the Western Canal Ring, Central Canal Ring and Eastern Canal Ring, Museum Quarter, Plantage and beyond the city
- Historical and culturalcontext gives you a richer travel experience- learn about the city's fascinating history, museums and galleries, canals and waterways, cafUs and bars, and more
- Essential travel tips-our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus how to get around, useful phrases, and visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Amsterdam2019is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Amsterdam.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
Planning a shorter break? Try our DK Eyewitness Top 10 Amsterdamguide.